The Bible Team Ministry of MGC Parish just concluded its first modular development session for the Advanced Christian Formation module for PREX. The sessions were scheduled on Nov. 4 and 5 at 9AM-12NN. The Module Development sessions were an outgrowth of the Sunday meetings of the Bible Team Ministry which began last August of this year. Out of these meetings the first proposal for an Advanced Module for the Parish Renewal Experience (PREX) was presented and approved. The Advanced Module for PREX consists of seven conferences that are structured after the basic PREX module but with the following topics:
- The Journey I Have Begun — a review of the journey one has made in discipleship since the first PREX
- Let Us Move Forward — a conference about the three stages of discipleship schematically presented through three imperatives "Come –>Abide (Stay) –>Go"
- Go To The Vineyard, Too — a presentation of the parish as the vineyard to which the Lord calls his disciples
- Service To The Church — working in the Vineyard entails a particular set of attitudes, the core of which is Servantood "I came to serve not to be served."
- Be My Hands and Feet: The Church as Basic Cell Communities — a description of the Lord’s vineyard as "a group of families gathered around the Word of God to listen to it and obey it in their daily lives."
- Be My Hands and Feet: The Church, the Body of Christ — an activity that involves the contemplation of the Lord before the Blessed Sacrament, His Body, given to the Church. It concludes with the participants making a specific commitment to the Lord as workers in His Vineyard.
- The MGCP-BEC Team of Ministers — the duties of a worker in the Lord’s Vineyard
The module development sessions were held to further enhance the presentation of the different conferences. To this end each of the conferences were assigned to a member of the Bible Team Ministry for development. Below is a table of activities for November 4 and 5:
- Introduction: The process of the Advanced Module, Its Purpose and Goal (Fr. Abet)
- Conference I: The Journey I Have Begun (Noli)
- Conference II: Come–>Stay–>Go (Evelyn)
- Conference III: Go To The Vineyard (Merle)
- Conference IV: Servant Leadership (Rose)
- Conference IV Servant Leadership part 2 (Rose)
- Conference V The Church As BEC (Ben)
- Conference/Activity VI Be My Hands and Feet (Paraliturgy) (Cecile)
- Conference VII The Implications of the BEC Team of Ministers to the MGCP Organization
An evaluation of the process will be made tomorrow, Sunday on November 6.
Email This Post | Print This Post
- No related posts found.