The ninth PREX National Convention will be held on May 13-14 at the Colegio San Agustin-Biñan campus. Since not all of our PREX graduates will be attending the convention, we will be holding prayer vigils and a prayer service for its success. This will also be a venue for me to train more people for our BEC-building project.
Our prayer vigils will be held on May 13 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. It will be capped by an hour prayer service. I have approached the Kawan ng Mabuting Pastol, the parish’s charismatic community to provide prayer leaders for the vigils. Tomorrow, I will talk with the St. Monica’s Prayer Group about the same. When the volunteers are in, I’ll be going through the prayers with them. The “training” sessions will be an opportunity for me to scout for possible BEC leaders later on.
There will be eleven hours for the prayer vigil; to each hour I will be assigning groups. Below are the possible core groupings (not yet assigned to hours) around which all other parishioners can join in vigil:
- Kawan ng Mabuting Pastol
- El Shaddai
- Knights of Columbus
- Adoracion Nocturna
- Resurrection Saturday Group
- Adelina Friday Group
- Maligaya 6 Bible Community
- The Marian Groups (LOM, HRC)
- PREX Children (children of our PREX graduates)
- Stonecrest and Olympia IV-VI
- Sto. Niño Parish PREX (Guest)
The groupings are still under review. It will be something for the parish if I can get all these involved in our prayers for the PREX National Convention. The prayer service at 6 PM will be best handled by our charismatic groups from Adelina II-IIA, El Shaddai and Kawan.
Update: April 10, 2006
During a meeting with a Bible Team Ministry, the following transpired:
- The almost final draft of the one-hour prayer vigil for May 13 was presented. It still lacks the section for the petitions for the National Convention and some typos are still to be corrected. Except for these, the presented draft is virtually the final text.
- May 1 has been approved as the date for the training of the prayer leaders for the vigils.
- We were informed that on May 6 we will once more have a PREX seminar. I am hoping to get some more Kawan and El Shaddai members join the program.
- In the month of June we will be finalizing our module for PREX Advanced. This will involve some sort of closed seminar workshop (a retreat?) for the members of the Bible Team Ministry.
- July is our target date for the implementation of the module. It was a year in the making and by that time, I hope that all of us in the group have sufficiently “grown up” with the materials.
There are still bugs to squash but we are working hard on them.
Email This Post | Print This Post
- No related posts found.