We have begun our special modular training for the BEC Leaders of Olympia I. The module we started is “Reading Scriptures Intelligently”, which is based on an article I published years ago at Suite 101’s Catholic Scripture Studies. The topics to be covered in the modules for March and April are
- Reading Scriptures: Our Pre-Understanding
- Scriptures are Divinely Inspired (A discussion of three wrong doctrines of inspiration and the Catholic one as found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church)
- Scriptures are Literature (To get to the divine message, one must pass through the humanity of the letters. An overview of the Bible’s prose and poetry)
- Scriptures and Spirituality (“The Eye-Ear/Heart/Hand-Feet Metaphor”)
- Studying the Narrative of John 9, the Man Born Blind
- An Introduction to the Synoptic Gospels: Studying a Text of Matthew (Scheduled for March 15)
- A BEC Leader’s Remote and Immediate Preparation: Building up one’s “Bible culture” within a process of Church-faith-formation at the service of the cell community.
- Remote and Proximate Preparation (“Like a good scribe, I draw from my store of knowledge both old and new”)
- Making good use of the ancillary notes provided in our modern translations (NAB, JB, Christian Community Bible)
- Using the St. Paul Missalette
- Making a Dossier for the Sunday Mass Readings
- Preparing the Sunday Mass (Proclaiming our faith through the Eucharist)
The program that we started last February 23 is modified from an original that consisted of two hour sessions held every three months. The program is part of our endeavors to build up basic ecclesial communities in the parish.
Originally posted 2008-03-10 18:50:43. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Email This Post | Print This Post
- No related posts found.