Last May 24, 2008 we resumed celebrating our monthly Saturday masses in our Maligaya areas. These masses are just culminating activities for the weekly BEC meetings done at Maligaya V and Maligaya VI respectively.
The BEC at Olympia I has had several one-hour sessions on “Reading the Scriptures Intelligently” in addition to the Bible-sharing sessions they hold on Saturdays. The additional one-hour sessions cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the Synoptic gospels (with focus on the outline of Mark and how it is expanded in Matthew and Luke) (during parts of Lent and Easter)
- Preparing the Mass Liturgy on the basis of what has been reflected on during Bible sharing (in preparation for the 2nd Sunday of Easter, Olympia I’s fiesta )
- Introduction to biblical poetry (with focus on the psalms, prophetic oracles, wisdom) (May 3, 10, 17)
- How to use the footnotes and marginal notes of modern Bible translations (May 24)
- A review of sentence structures and their application in the analysis of biblical texts (May 31)
Further opportunities for the growth of BECs in the parish are opening up. The PREX core group had a meeting with their new spiritual director on June 4. Mapped out during the meeting was the possibility of restoring the PREX Secretariat which was abolished during the previous administration and of recovering the PREX batch coordinators. If the reorganization of the Parish Pastoral Council will push through, more opportunities may be opened. But this last will be known after the PPC’s next monthly meeting.
Email This Post | Print This Post
- No related posts found.